Minetest Wiki:Wiki Rules
In order to keep Minetest Wiki free of spam and unnecessary items, there are a few rules you must follow when editing and creating pages:
- Spam/vandalism is an absolute no-no.
- Articles about very simple things ("House", "Deleting", etc.) are not allowed. These topics are very unnecessary as they are plain tasks anybody with a tiny bit of intelligence can do.
- When creating an article, include as much text as possible and, preferably, an image. Pages that don't meet these requirements may be removed without warning for lack of content.
- Personal insults are NOT allowed.
- Articles about people are only allowed if the person in question is part of, or very closely related to the development of Minetest.
- Pages in the User: namespace are exempt from this.
- Stick to the facts - don't create parody/comedic/nonsense/hoax articles or articles that could mislead players.
- This includes content based on speculation!
- Gameplay strategies, guides, how-tos, etc., should be subarticles of Tutorials (for example, Tutorials/Getting Started).
- These pages may be linked from other articles as long as they are related to the article.
- This includes any navigational features of blocks, items or textures.
- Articles created for the purpose of advertising specific servers are not allowed. Instead please add your server to the Minetest Servers Site.
- Articles about fan communities are not allowed due to advertising issues and stuff like that.
- Please add a summary to all of your edits - this will make the wiki a lot more organized.
- Always sign your posts on talk pages with ~~~~.
- Do not directly copy and paste over articles from other wikis that discuss Minetest.
- Linking to videos is not allowed.
- We are not a file-hosting service. If an image is uploaded and not integrated into a useful article soon after, we reserve the right to delete it without notice. Using our hosting for GUI screenshots, userspace images and general wiki-related images is allowed.
- Player skins are allowed to be hosted, provided they are integrated into your userspace or the Skin article as soon as possible. Skins that aren't used after a reasonable period of time may be deleted without notice.
- When adding screenshots to an article, make sure the screenshots use vanilla textures and UI. Screenshots that use custom texturepacks, UI mods and other custom content are not allowed.
- This rule does not apply to articles covering mods.
- Abusing multiple accounts will not be tolerated.
- Unacceptable usernames will be blocked indefinitely. Independent actions against IPs may be considered, depending on the severity.
Please note: Articles in the User: namespace can be used for anything, provided rules 1, 4, 12 and 16 are still followed.
Exceptions to these rules may be made on a case-by-case basis; permission for an exception should be requested through the Contact Form.
Thank you for following these rules.